CSV Import Export — improvement

This topic is: Not Resolved
  • Not Resolved
    Posted in: Feature request  
  • faustinet3

Have been reading the forums on Import and Export issues for the CSV files.

I realised something common among us.

We all require the CSV file to be able to be edited / modified -- so as to be able to create/modify product options for Custom To Order (CTO) or similar products.

It would be wonderful if the CSV file can be formatted in such a way for it to function for Creation or Modification of Options for each CTO product. 🙂

Currently, its hard to use for this.... as its hard to comprehend the columns so far.... '

For me -- Options Template -- doesn't seem to add up (I found the "Template" fields at the end columns and they are situated at the 1st line, but element_type: Template is at 2nd line of the csv)

If I want to use it for Product Options creation / modification -- will have to remove many empty fields and reformat it to be easier to see for my boss and colleague.

Current Product options -- Sample file attached.

Template fields also only has one field that is readable : Template Name - RAM ---- and options defined are not there.

(For now, I think I will need to stop using Options Template at all and create even RAM options as an element... then it will show in the csv file)

** Its probably good enough for backup and transfer but user readability and function usability needs to be improved if we need to use it to create or modify options...

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No access!

You do not have permission to post to this forum.