Using Composite Products, how to use EPO fields from Step 1, in Steps 2+

This topic is: Not Resolved
  • In Progress
    Posted in: Extra Product Options  
  • spiraldancingPurchasedSupported

Hello,

My first time here, just picked up your EPO plug-in a few days ago; so, still learning how it works.

My example Composite Product has three text fields for length, width and height, plus a Product field for Material ... and the final price is (Material.price * L * W * H) at Step 1 ... plus optional extras added in at Steps 2-5 ... + (Material.price * L * W * H) * 10% ... + ((L * W * H) * Step 3 Option's base price) ... etc.

I have tried using Global fields; perhaps I'm using them wrong, but it seems like those field values are also only available on the specific products and/or Steps they are added to.

As a side-note, while trying different ways of implementing Global fields in my test/practice Composite Product, something broke, horribly ... and now that particular Composite Product A) takes very long to load (10-20 seconds), and B) has lost almost all content -- images, EPO fields, CP buttons, "add to cart" button ... everything is gone except the product title and price (and the website header area). No amount of undoing or resetting has gotten that product to start working again. Now, even as a simple product, it is still broken.

Any idea what happened there?

Thanks,
    rich

themecompleteSite Admin
    You must be logged in to see this reply.
    spiraldancingPurchasedSupported
    themecompleteSite Admin
    spiraldancingPurchasedSupported
    themecompleteSite Admin
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.