Add ACF Fields to Conditional Logic??

This topic is: Not Resolved
  • Not Resolved
    Posted in: Feature request  
  • cubefree

Curious IF you might also consider adding ACF Fields to Conditional Logic??

Why offer this?

• Create some efficiencies between Global Forms
    • The alternative is creating Text Input Elements that only hold the ACF values for later comparison.
    • Extra elements make the back-end orders longer with Meta Data

What's a use case scenario...?

I want to create a Global Form where certain sections OR elements appear based on ACF Fields,
    e.g. Let's say I've landed on a Sauna door that has these ACF Fields:

• Short (24x72")
    • Clad -- it's clad in tongue & groove cedar paneling

Because this product has 2 identifiers above, then I can choose to turn ON or OFF options about this sauna door.

I think you'd ask: ... Why not just create a global form and apply it only to product tags: "short" and "clad" ??

Because then I'd need to create more sets for "residential" and "clad" AND "short" and "glass" -- and a few other combinations that'll make this reply too long.

HOWEVER IF I have a few global forms, they do NOT talk to each other. I.e., They do NOT know the contents of each other. Thus, I can NOT create any conditional logic between them that change prices.

But IF I stack all my forms in ONE longer global form, all of them can conditionally be based on an ACF Field to SHOW or to HIDE. AND they can also use the values the user had checked in any of the forms.

thx for listening

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No access!

You do not have permission to post to this forum.