Retrieve prices of other products to be used in a formula

This topic is: Not Resolved
  • Not Resolved
    Posted in: Feature request  
  • cubefree

let me illustrate with an example ...

I want to offer a Radio Element like so:

1. Standard product A (default) $0
    2. Upgrade to product B -- Option amount shown: Price of Product B less Product A
    3. Upgrade to product C -- Option amount shown: Price of Product C less Product A
    4. Upgrade to product D -- Option amount shown: Price of Product D less Product A

Why do I want to show the difference? because we are selling a package price with Product A included. So, I only want to show the cost of upgrading. Sample Page

If I have lots of EPO elements like this, then my maintenance will be more. However if we had a simple way to get the price of any product, then once I set the price in the product details ... it's done already. EPO talks to Woocommerce and gets the price.

Right now these ways exist to get other prices:

• Constants
    • My FAVORITE SOLUTION > The Radio Element Selection condition SHOWS a Nested Product element which innately has the current product price, then it's discounted by a {constant} * (i.e., the price for Product A => minimal maintenance)
    • ACF -- I could possibly add a redundant field for the price, but I think we've been warned against this where actual $$ numbers are involved, yes?
    • Lookup Table -- I haven't jumped into these much ... it may be the more elegant solution / NOT SURE?
    • The Radio Element Selection condition SHOWS a Nested Product element which innately has the current product price AND an additional NESTED product with a NEGATIVE PRICE (the Standard Product A) offsets Choices: B, D or D

* unfortunately, a {constant} is not allowed here -- CORRECT?... which means each nested product element's FIXED PRICE discount figure would have to be edited in the future -- see 2nd screen shot

Of course, Constants can be added ... it's redundant but at least it puts all the necessary information in ONE PLACE.

Or perhaps a Constant that looks up the product price by ID? {Product A: id = xxx}

Think about it. Appreciate all you do!

Any advice or a direction is appreciated too! thx

• This topic was modified 3 months by cubefree.
    • This topic was modified 3 months by cubefree.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No access!

You do not have permission to post to this forum.